More than ever before, social enterprises are required to demonstrate evidence that their business is making a positive social or environmental difference. However, measuring benefits like health, self-esteem or tangible environmental benefits is not as straightforward as stocktaking, cutting a length of fabric or checking the weight of a bag of potatoes. Even when you’ve seen the positive effect of your work with your own eyes, how will you prove it to your funders and the rest of the world?
Our Introduction to Measuring Social Impact workshop will help you understand why it’s so important for your business to plan, measure and communicate your impact. During the workshop you will define the key benefits your organisation provides, in both the short and long terms, and exactly who benefits. You’ll learn some practical measurement techniques by exploring data gathering approaches which can be applied to your own work. And you’ll also pick up up essential storytelling tips to help you explain exactly how your business is meeting a set of clearly specified needs for a particular group of clients or customers.
For you if:
- you run or work for a social enterprise/not-for-profit business
- you are new to the topic of measuring impact, or need a refresher
- you want to be able to define and prove your social impact
- you want to collect useful data and not waste time
- you want to be able to tell the story of the difference your organisation makes socially, environmentally or in your community