There is no definitive style guide for social enterprise – they come in all shapes, sizes and formats, from small organisations to large charities employing many staff. Nor do social enterprises work in narrow niche markets – Scotland’s many social enterprises trade across all sectors, providing all sorts of services and goods. What they do have in common is that every single one is creating social and/or environmental value in the communities they work in.
However, staying static is not an option for all social enterprises, many have ambitions for growth or development. If you want to make sure your organisation is in the best position to face challenges and take advantages of opportunities, then Just Enterprise’s business specialists can work with you on a one-to-one basis, or in group workshops, to build skills and confidence to strengthen your business.
Our practical support can help you consolidate and build on your social enterprise in a number of ways, including how to:
- managing your finances in the most effective and efficient way
- draw up pricing plans that fully cover your costs
- developing a proper strategy to support your aims
- become more confident at measuring and reporting your social impact
- get specialist support if you are from an ethnic minority group
- draw up a robust and practical business plan
Alongside our workshops and 1-to-1 support, you can take advantage of our webinars, our case study stories and our online resources to learn even more about how to strengthen your own social enterprise.